Friday, May 29, 2009

Approaching the Arrival of Summer and Other Things

Waiting for so much thats punctuated
By breaths exhaling want
By a future thats an amorphous 
Mass not defined By
Physics.

The future is a non-newtonian solid.

Do I know what that really means?

Where I see summer in robins and grass and flying discs
I see an uncertainty, a certain winter.
Cold and fog and biting wind.
And in the Midst

Are my bare blackened feet 
Tasting the freshly thawed warm ground
Running for a catch

Where I see robins I see uncertainty.

In between myself and what's next

Are my open palms, the markers of my genetic code
Those little trenches that spiral through their surface
Are filled with freshly thawed warm ground,
Straining for a catch.

Waiting for the wind, waiting for an answer.

No comments: