Monday, July 20, 2009

Jews, Forgotten, and 3 couplets on my pending tour around Lake Michigan

I creak out psalms from my Bible,
Of my wandering People...
I am a Jew.
The Mana of God the Well of Miriam the Guidance of Moses
Our Prophets
Our Customs
Our Communities
We Live Longer than Politics.
Tradition is without borders.

.

The ridges of a stamp
the calcium-sheen of the mouth gates.
The double takes
and neck breaks.
Limp Snakes.
Headaches.
I'm sorry to this Girl who I went to School with
She is familiar
But so lukewarm...
Never before have I...
ransacked my mind and failed to find...
her name.
and not only
But clarity of her character
or any incident of...
notice...just a lukewarm splotched-white face--
Short cropped blonde hair...
I'm sorry, but I never noticed you, and can't remember you or who you are.
Your memory is still lukewarm, however.
Not all molecules of air must collide in a thunderclap after a lightningstrike.

.

Eagles are to be seen and lakes and a Moving Earth
Trembling at the finger tips' adventures.

.

I will be unkept and smelly yet clean
My palms well worn and my mind well occupied.

.

Plans made, roads paved
Only Possibility awaits.

.

No comments: